Blue Horizons Rapid Shock
- Helps prevent/remove algae
- Destroys swimmer wastes
- Rapid Dissolving
- pH 11.5
- Part of the BOAST System
1. Maintain pH levels within the ideal range 7.2 – 7.6. If the level is not in this
2. Maintain free chlorine residuals routinely in the 1 – 3mg/l (ppm) range. Shock
or oxidising procedures are recommended either weekly or fortnightly with a
maximum of 10mg/l (ppm) for a full shock treatment.
3. If the water temperature is 20oC or higher and water depth at least 4ft deep,
this product can be carefully broadcast directly over the pool surface. Always
check the wind direction before broadcasting. Alternatively, pre-dissolve this
product in a clean plastic container at a maximum rate of 100g of product per
2.2 gallon (10 litres) of clean warm water. Stir well to ensure product is fully
dissolved. Add the resulting solution to the pool whilst the pump (s) are turned
‘on’ preferably near the water inlets to aid distribution.
4. Repeat dose/application if necessary to achieve the desired level.
5. After using this product, the pool water may become temporarily cloudy, so
keep the filtration pump running until it clears.
6. After shock treatment, allow the chlorine to drop below 5mg/l before bathing
recommences, and in any event wait for at least 30 minutes before bathing